|Coming alongside families to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ
To Register for the 2017-18 School Year
To mail registration:
1 Read the Statement of Faith and General Rules
2. Print, read and fill out parent forms in black or blue ink. A link to these forms can be
found on the left hand side of this page.
3. New parents and students older than 4th grade must write out a short personal
testimony of Christian faith. Testimonies must be submitted within in a week of
registration or classes will be dropped.
4. All former students who are incoming sophomores or fifth grade must write out a
short testimony of Christian faith. These must be completed within one week of
registration or classes will be dropped.
5. Mail forms, testimonies, and a check (nonrefundable) made out to PTC for $60/family
prior to May 19th after May 19th mail $80/family to Stephanie Thornell, 6856 Rosecrest
Drive SE, Caledonia, MI 49316
6. Four parent volunteer times are required during the year. You may sign up for these
on Thursday's prior to May 19th or on the first day of classes in September. If you are
not able to fulfill these you may pay a $20/volunteer time to be excused.
7.You will be emailed to confirm your classes. You will also get an
email from the teacher by the end of July.
8. Any classes not dropped by August first must be paid in full regardless of the
9. Most 90 minute classes cost $300 plus any fees applicable, the two hour classes are
$340 plus fees.
You may email the teachers at any time for more information on classes.
Please Note: The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) has suggested that
no more that three (3) core classes be taken outside the home.
Classes dropped after August first will need to be paid in full. Your child may be
he or she is absent for 3 consecutive classes without notice to the teacher. Families
do have to pay for the whole year regardless if their student comes or not, unless they
have made individual arrangements with the tutor.
Each tutor will give percentages for each assignment and most will average for the
year, but the parents give the letter grades since they are responsible for their child's
education. Homework is mandatory if it is given.
PTC Graduation Requirements
PTC offers a graduation ceremony for students who have
completed their high school requirements.
1. Must have been home schooled for at least one year and a student
at the PTC currently or in the past.
3. Must submit a transcript of classes and grades for the high school
grades. Graduates should have completed the basic requirements for
college entrance and completed 20 credits. Basic requirements for
most colleges are: 4 years of English, 3 years of science, 3 years of
social studies including government, 3 years of math, 1 year of physical
education, 1 year of computer and 1 year of either applied, performing or visual art.
Michigan Merit requirements are 18 credits, including: 4 yrs English, 4 yrs science, 4
yrs math 1 yr physical education with health, online experience, 3 yrs social studies to
include government, 1 yr performing arts.
4. Must complete the graduation paperwork available online and give to
Kim Malski by the November meeting.
5. Parent and student must attend graduation meetings and rehearsal.
6. The cost of graduation will be covered by the graduates’ families.
7. Must register for graduation by February meeting.
Please download, review, and complete packet listed below.
Graduation packet (Word Document)
*Adobe PDF Reader may be downloaded from Adobe.com
|Statement of Purpose and Faith
Registration forms click here.
PTC 2017/18 Course Schedule
|Important dates for 2017–2018
September 1st Second payment due to
September 7th First day of classes
September 28th Jeans & Pizza Day
September 28th Student Council begins
October 1st Third payment due
October 12th Roller Skating Party 4-6:
October 19th Picture Day / teacher
evaluations go out
October 26th Jeans & Pizza Day / Face
November 1st Fourth payment due to
November 16th Graduation meeting
November 23rd No classes/Thanksgiving
November 30th Jeans & Pizza Day/
Picture Retake Day
December 7th Christmas Craft Day
December 14th Jeans & Pizza Day
December 21nd No classes/Christmas
December 28th No classes/Christmas
January 4th Classes Resume
January 18th Speech Presentations
January 25th Second semester begins
January 25th Jeans and pizza day
February 1st Fifth payment due to
February 8th Craft Day / nursing home
February 15th Roller Skating Party
February 22nd Pizza & Jean
March 1st Final payment due to
Home School Olympics – every lunch period in
March 22nd Talent Show/Drama
March 29th Jeans & Pizza Day
April 12th Open House
April 19th Registration Day
April 20th Spring Fling
April 26th Jeans & Pizza Day
May 10th Graduation rehearsal
May 17th Last day of classes/
May 18th Graduation